concordia-memories.org Forum Index concordia-memories.org
Recalling Concordia's Past

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memories of the Pape Family Farm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    concordia-memories.org Forum Index -> Pape family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger.pape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Memories of the Pape Family Farm Reply with quote

Recently, my cousin Phil Dieckhoff asked if I had any photos of the Pape Family farm. Unfortunately, I had very few but I decided to write down a verbal description of that farm as I remembered it. These recollections were aided by comments from Phil as well as from my brother and sister. It can be downloaded from Pape Farm Memories.

Perhaps these memories aren't 100% accurate. (People's memories do fade over time.) I would encourage other relatives to post replies recalling their memories.

Old pictures are great for bringing back memories. If you have some, treasure them. In days gone by, people were more judicious of what photos they took or had taken (because of the cost no doubt). With today’s technology of digital cameras and smartphones, people take pictures with abandon. I wonder what will happen to all those digital photos in the future. That’s one of the reasons I have started saving the pictures I take of my summer camp on a website called flickr at Redfield Camp.
pdieckhoff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: A Walk Back In Time Reply with quote

The farm has changed over time, so I have put together some of my memories of it. I can hardly remember the times when Grandpa and Grandma lived on the farm. It was after they moved to town and Uncle Henry and Aunt Flora moved to the farm that I remember most. The recollections of it and some photos from my visit back to the farm are assembled in a file that can be downloaded from "A Walk Back In Time ..."

With this in mind, as well as some lapse in memory on my part, the memories we write about may seem different. Regardless, they are all fond and heartfelt memories of a wonderful place and the times experienced by cousins and family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    concordia-memories.org Forum Index -> Pape family All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: