concordia-memories.org Forum Index concordia-memories.org
Recalling Concordia's Past

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wilhelmina Pape, wife of Heinrich Peter Meier/Meyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    concordia-memories.org Forum Index -> Pape family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbiefain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Wilhelmina Pape, wife of Heinrich Peter Meier/Meyer Reply with quote

I am researching Wilhelmina Pape, b abt 1845 and married to Heinrich Peter Meier/Meyer. I do not have any other information for her.

They were the parents of 8 children-Louisa Carolina Bertha (Meyer), Herman Wilhelm, Wilhelm Heinrich Herman, Christian Peter Karl, Johanna Julianne Christine (died young), Caroline Wilhelmina Emma, Emelie, and Theodore.

Is there any one else researching her?

thanks,
Debbie
roger.pape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Possible family Reply with quote

Wilhelmina Pape seems to suddenly appear in the records with no previous history. The only definitive record that I have found with her maiden name is the marriage record to Heinrich Meyer in the St. Paul’s Lutheran Church files.

Interestingly, there are two records -

Heinrich Dedeke & Hannah Pape Marriage date: 8 Aug 1866
Heinrich Meyer & Wilhelmine Pape Marriage date: 27 Mar 1868

[Note. Hannah’s christened name was Johanna. She is buried in Holy Cross Lutheran Cemetery, Emma, MO.]

I have had a theory that they were sisters who arrived in the Concordia area together, possibly working as house servants. The ship passenger list for the 1855 voyage of the Anna Delius might support that theory. A segment of that list is posted below. The ages of passengers 29 and 30 match the birthdates for the Hannah and Wilhelmine Pape that arrived in Concordia. The problem is that I cannot find any Friedrick and Charlotte Pape family in the 1860 census.

Good luck finding more about Wilhelmine. If you do, be sure to post the information.

1855AnnaDelius01(selected).jpg
 Description:
Clip from passenger list of 1855 voyage of [i]Anna Delius[/i]
 Filesize:  286.11 KB
 Viewed:  12861 Time(s)

1855AnnaDelius01(selected).jpg

debbiefain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Wilhelmina Pape's origins Reply with quote

Roger,
Thank you for the information on Wilhelmina. I did not know about your theory about Johanna/Hannah so that information gives me a lead to follow.

It would make sense that the girls, if indeed they were sisters, came to America as household servants. I don't think many of the immigrant families we are researching around the Concordia area were wealthy.

May I print a copy of the passenger list for my records?

thanks,
Debbie Fain
roger.pape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Friedrick Pape Family Reply with quote

With a little more searching, I was able to find more information about the Friedrick Pape family.

There is a good website at http://www.phelbs.com/hrftx/Germans.htm that details the German Immigration to the Cole Camp, MO Area. In it, Frederick Pape family is listed as having arrived on 5 November 1855 via the Anna Delius. Homer Ficken, the author of the website has also posted some history of Friedric[h] Pape on RootsWeb at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=germans&id=I00948 that includes children Hanne and Wilhelmine. It lists Friedrich's birth as abt. 1810 in Hanover and death as 9 Mar 1871 in Morgan Co Mo. It also notes that wife Charlotte died on 11 Nov 1860 and that Fred remarried widow Caroline (Gersting) on 5 Sep 1867.

On page 28-9 of the 1860 census for Haw Creek Twp, Morgan Co., MO, one can find the listing for a Fred "Popp" (household 205, family 189) with Fred (age 50), Charlotte (age 47), Hannah (age 17), Wilhelmine (age 14), Josephine (age 11, possibly the Justine in the passenger list), Dortha? (age 3), and mother Caroline (age 73). Amalie was already married by then. [Her age was incorrectly listed as 7 in the passenger list rather than her real age of 17. Note that mother Caroline's age in the passenger list was also 10 years too young.] Sophie is not listed in the census record. She may have died before 1870. Otherwise it looks like a good match.

There are a number of people who originally settled in Morgan Co, MO (Cole Camp and Stover areas) that eventually moved to the Concordia area, including the August Pape family south of Blackburn. The fact that Hannah and Wilhelmine's mother had died may have been a reason why they moved to Concordia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    concordia-memories.org Forum Index -> Pape family All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: