concordia-memories.org Forum Index concordia-memories.org
Recalling Concordia's Past

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everhard Cappelmann Dilemma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    concordia-memories.org Forum Index -> Kappelman family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger.pape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Everhard Cappelmann Dilemma Reply with quote

In April 2013, I posted family tree information for my Kappelmann ancestors on RootsWeb entitled the “Descendants of Eberhard Cappelmann”. This compilation was derived in large part on information from other researchers, particularly an extensive listing provided by Roger Morgan to whom I am very indebted. Because the listing that I received did not include original source citations, I attempted to add citations for as many of the vital records as possible. Many of the early family records were found in microfilm records of the church in Borgholzhausen, Germany as well as on-line postings on the FamilySearch.org website. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any information about Eberhard Cappelmann and his sons Johann Heinrich Wilhelm and Johann Engelhard.

Subsequently, I located a family tree posted at http://gedbas.genealogy.net/person/show/1096326569 that included an Eberhard Cappelmann married to Regina Mgr. Schabbehaar. Because of a possible match, I contacted the owner of the tree, Wolfgang Hagenkötter, who in turn sent me more information that he obtained from the church in Westphalia where the records for this family were listed. Dates for the family members were consistent with the estimated dates in the Kappelmann family tree that I posted; however, a listing of the birth records for the children did not include Johann Heinrich Wilhelm and Johann Engelhard.

The information is a bit lengthy for this posting, so I have listed it in the following file: EberhardCappelmannTrace. It would appear that there is a connection with this Eberhard Cappelmann and the later Kappelmann families that emigrated to Franklin County but the vital link of the birth records for Johann Heinrich Wilhelm and Johann Engelhard need to be found to establish the connection. If anyone has located the original source records for their births, I would appreciate learning about them.
roger.pape
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Location of Nolle, Germany Reply with quote

The birthplace of Eberhard's son Johann Heinrich Wilhelm has been listed as Nolle, Hannover. Nolle is a small community located on the north side of Dissen am Teutoburger Wald, Germany (which is actually in Westphalia, not Hannover). Note that this is the area where the records for the Eberhard Died. and Regina Mgr. Schabbehaar Cappelmann family were found. So, his birthplace is consistent with this family. However, no birth record for Johann Heinrich Wilhelm or his brother Johann Engelhard were found in the Kirchenbücher of this parish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    concordia-memories.org Forum Index -> Kappelman family All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: